We set up the #DONTWASTETHETASTE installation at the GF&WS to create awareness around food waste in South Africa.
Nine billion kilograms is the amount of food wasted in South Africa every year. Help us reduce it by incorporating these six habits in your home:
1. Shop local. Cutting the distance food travels cuts down on wastage.
2. Buy your fruit and veg in season.
3. Pay attention to how you store your food.
4. Cook only what you can eat.
5. Cook, freeze or share your food before it expires.
6. Don’t waste the taste, donate your leftovers