FOOD XX is a platform and movement that delivers empowering content for womxn by womxn in the food and drinks industry in South Africa.
FOOD XX reflects the current zeitgeist and is at its core, an annual conference and awards ceremony that lives online throughout the year as digital content. The key focus of FOOD XX is to supply a safe space where womxn can help other womxn to achieve their dreams, provide support and have much-needed conversations.
Join the Womxn in Food Movement by joining us at the first FOOD XX Symposium and Awards. The awards are held in partnership with Eat Out.
FOOD XX Symposium and Awards:
12 February 2019
Jetty 2, V&A Waterfront
8:30 – 18:30
Local and international womxn speakers and panel discussions. Breakfast, lunch and networking snacks and drinks prepared by local and international conference speakers.
General Tickets: R1100 each
General tickets (Eat Out app download discount): R950 – *Download the Eat Out app for a discount on your FOOD XX Symposium ticket purchase
General tickets including a BOOSTER ticket for someone who cannot afford to buy their own ticket): R1900
Limited tickets available on Quicket.co.za
*Talks and workshops by local and international womxn in the food industry
*An interactive installation for mental wellness by Khanya Mzongwana
*A perfume experience by Tammy Frazer
*An on-site psychologist for the day
*All-day tea and ice-cream bar
*Breakfast and lunch
*Pop-up shop by Polka Pants and others
*Networking cocktails by Hope on Hopkins and cakes by Lily Vanilli
*FOOD XX Awards
GET YOUR FOOD XX SYMPOSIUM AND AWARDS TICKETS HERE
FOOD XX Awards Nominations
In partnership with Eat Out we’ll also be honouring womxn food makers, producers, writers, educators and change makers alike in the following categories.
To nominate, someone (or yourself) simply send an e-mail with the name and a motivation for the nomination to
* Giving Back — Change-makers who are enriching the community through food and drink. We are honouring individuals and large- and small-scale social enterprise initiatives.
* Front of House —Sommeliers, managers, waiters, maître d’s and everything in between.
* In the Kitchen — Celebrating all womxn working in kitchens (big and small) around the country.
* Alcohol – All the shakers and stirrers, winemakers, brewers and spirit creators raising our glasses.
* Fresh Voices in Food — Celebrating the bloggers, Instagrammers and journalists we turn to when we’re hungry for food stories.
* Farming — From food growing to animal husbandry and urban gardening, this one is for the soil sisters.
* Entrepreneurs —From agri-preneurs to restaurateurs, this award pays tribute to the passionate and innovative pioneers who are redefining food in the way we grow it, make it, sell it and eat it.
* Food Stylists — This is for the visionaries shaping how we look at food.
* Food Heritage — For the guardians preserving and growing the provenance of our rich food culture.
* Food Educator — For the teachers and mentors dedicated to sharing knowledge and encouraging future innovators.
*Sustainability — This award celebrates the modern-day Demeter committed to helping us rethink and protect every part of the food chain from animal welfare to fair labour practices and environmental preservation.
*Future Food — for the solution-driven visionaries challenging our approach to food in a quest to create a sustainable food future.
*Food Icon — Food is sustenance, food is health, food is culture. This award honours the custodians of all that is food.
*Bakers – For all the real bread bakers, pastry chefs and pioneering cake-makers.
*Grass Roots – From chefs to farmers, bee-keepers to food technologists in training – this award is for the up-and-coming ‘young-guns’.
*Secret Ingredient – To the unsung pioneers and formidable forces/talents behind some of South Africa’s much-loved food and drink brands.
As an extension of our celebration of womxn in food, we’d also like to invite you to help us in supporting the attendance of womxn in need. All you have to do is purchase a BOOSTER ticket and we’ll distribute the tickets to selected benefactors.