In partnership with Eat Out FOOD XX will be honouring womxn food makers, producers, writers, educators and change makers alike in the following categories:
To nominate, someone (or yourself) simply send an e-mail with the name and a motivation for the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Giving Back — Change-makers who are enriching the community through food and drink. We are honouring individuals and large- and small-scale social enterprise initiatives.
* Front of House —Sommeliers, managers, waiters, maître d’s and everything in between.
* In the Kitchen — Celebrating all womxn working in kitchens (big and small) around the country.
* Alcohol – All the shakers and stirrers, winemakers, brewers and spirit creators raising our glasses.
* Fresh Voices in Food — Celebrating the bloggers, Instagrammers and journalists we turn to when we’re hungry for food stories.
* Farming — From food growing to animal husbandry and urban gardening, this one is for the soil sisters.
* Entrepreneurs —From agri-preneurs to restaurateurs, this award pays tribute to the passionate and innovative pioneers who are redefining food in the way we grow it, make it, sell it and eat it.
* Food Stylists — This is for the visionaries shaping how we look at food.
* Food Heritage — For the guardians preserving and growing the provenance of our rich food culture.
* Food Educator — For the teachers and mentors dedicated to sharing knowledge and encouraging future innovators.
*Sustainability — This award celebrates the modern-day Demeter committed to helping us rethink and protect every part of the food chain from animal welfare to fair labour practices and environmental preservation.
*Future Food — for the solution-driven visionaries challenging our approach to food in a quest to create a sustainable food future.
*Food Icon — Food is sustenance, food is health, food is culture. This award honours the custodians of all that is food.
*Bakers – For all the real bread bakers, pastry chefs and pioneering cake-makers.
*Grass Roots – From chefs to farmers, bee-keepers to food technologists in training – this award is for the up-and-coming ‘young-guns’.
*Secret Ingredient – To the unsung pioneers and formidable forces/talents behind some of South Africa’s much-loved food and drink brands.
Purchase tickets here.
As an extension of our celebration of womxn in food, we’d also like to invite you to help us in supporting the attendance of womxn in need. All you have to do is purchase a BOOSTER ticket and we’ll distribute the tickets to selected benefactors.